Tuesday, March 8, 2011

$50 a Month Grocery Challenge - February Update


If you are following along on my $50 a month grocery challenge, here are the stats for February: I started the month with $50 cash + $15.31 cash and $23 in Rite Aid UPS Rewards carried over from January). I now have $29.83 cash left.

What I didn't spend in February I will carry over into March, which will give me a nice reserve. That means I will have $79.83 to spend in March.


Here is what my grocery money was spent on (including restaurant meals and food I got for free via coupons)


Groceries

• 1 gallon skim milk

• 1 dozen eggs

• 2 packages of beef hot dogs

• 1 pound ground beef

• 6 oz. container of crab meat

• 1 pound butter

• 1 bag cheese ravioli

• 3 pounds long grain rice

• 8 oz. bar of cheddar cheese

• 3 kiwis

• 1 bag of baby carrots

• 1 head of lettuce

• 2 pounds of bananas

• 2 pounds of grapes

• 1 pound roma tomatoes

• 1 can green beans

• 1 bottle hot sauce

• 2 boxes mac and cheese

• 1 loaf Italian bread

• 6-pack of raisons

• 1 bottle of apple juice

• 3 containers of Edy's ice cream

Restaurant Food

• lobster bisque

• turkey panini

• frippes

• 3 bagels (free)

• 4 taco bell tacos (free)

• cake (won at a charity dinner event)


And don't forget to head on over to The Single Saver for some great money-saving tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment