Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Frugal Find (Free Meds!)

I scored another frugal find today - at the doctor's office, no less!  One of the things I needed to do was get a prescription to refill my migraine medicine.  I get my medicine the 'cheap' way (HA!) by doing a 3-month supply via mail order, but the pills still cost me $4.45 each!  And the particular kind of medicine that works well for me is not available as a generic yet.  :(  

(Those of you who also suffer from migraines will understand why I am willing to pay so much for medicine that works.)

While I was at the doctor's office I decided I had nothing to lose so I asked if they had any free samples "to tide me over until the new prescription arrived."  Pharmaceutical reps are always giving out free samples to doctors and so they usually have a stock pile.  Sure enough, my doctor had a couple samples of migraine medicine that she was able to give me.  This means I was given $8.90 worth of free samples!  It's not much, but I'll take it!

The moral of the story?  Don't be afraid to ask your doctor for free samples of your medicines.  You have nothing to love and lots to gain.

Remember to check back November 1st for the start of my experiment! 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Definetly don't be afraid to ask! Medical offices often throw samples away,because the expire before they are used up. It's better to use them than waste them!

    ReplyDelete