Thursday, November 18, 2010

Aldi - Grocery Shopping

I just got back from Aldi and spent $30.05.  I love Aldi!  Here's what I got:

• salmon
• bag of sweet potatoes
• 100% whole wheat bread
• 2 cans cranberry sauce
• 2 cans sweet peas
• apple pie filling
• apple juice
• set of three yeast packets
• boxed pasta
• 2 boxes mac and cheese
• carrots
• celery
• lettuce
• tomatoes
• laundry detergent
• 2 cans sweet potatoes
• vanilla ice cream
• gallon of skim milk
• box of dog biscuits

Since I am tracking pet expenses separately, the breakdown is $29.00 on groceries and $1.05 on pet expenses.

Some of these items were bought specifically for Thanksgiving.  I think I need to make a run to a 'real store' to get a few more items that Aldi did not have but, otherwise, I have most of the food I need for the holiday. 

1 comment:

  1. found you via your link on Penniless Parenting :) I'm also a huge lover of Aldi-they make my $60 a week grocery budget for a family of five possible!
    sara www.myfrugalfunlife.com

    ReplyDelete