Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Back from Aldi

I love Aldi's.  You will hear me say that time and time again.  I really don't enjoy grocery shopping... at all... but Aldi takes a lot of the pain out of the experience for me.

I just made a quick run there today.  There were a few "staple" type items that I needed before the weekend.  All totaled, I spent $12.58.  The breakdown is as follows:

• 1 gallon skim milk
• 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
• 1 package baby carrots
• 1 pound butter
• 1 block of sharp cheddar cheese
• 1 can baked beans
• 1 package flour tortillas
• 1 package allergy/sinus medicine

I am very eager to try to sinus medicine out (well, as eager as one can be to have to deal with a sinus headache in the first place).  I have never bought anything like this at Aldi before.  To be honest, I normally buy the generic Wal-Mart brand of sinus medicine, which is cheap, but the Aldi brand was over half the price so I figured it was worth the risk to try it out.  I'll let you all know what I find out... though for my sake let's hope it is a long time before I have to sample it!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi I saw your comment of 11 on my own blog. You might wish to check out my blog

    http://thetruthabout11onmyown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Nice start. I love, love Aldi. When I lived in TN, I shopped there a lot. Sadly, no Aldi here. - Kim in MT

    ReplyDelete