Monday, November 15, 2010

Swiffer Wet Jet - Frugal Solutions

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet and love it.  The problem is, it is not exactly easy on my frugal budget.  Still, the ease of use combined with my stubbornness has (so far) caused me keep using the product.

The other day I was thinking there had to be a way to reuse the solution containers so I could use my own (cheaper) cleaning solution instead of the expensive kind made by Swiffer.  I googled it in hopes of finding a solution - and, alas, there is one!  You can read it here, or if you prefer videos there is one here

As for the pads... I have been reading up on this too.  I have seen suggestions ranging from using old washcloths to using old socks.  Either option lets you wash and reuse, so that is great from a money-saving perspective.  I am eager to test out these solutions and will let you know how they work out. 

Do you have any suggestions for making your own Swiffer Wet Jet pads?   

4 comments:

  1. Way to be resourceful!!!! I use microfiber dish cloths with my steam mop. They clean without over wetting your floor, and they are washable and reusable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting that! I love my Swiffer Wet Jet, and was going to try to find a way to reuse the bottles. Yay! And, I like the old sock idea too - Hubby has a few holey ones. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a similar mop made by Libman with a reusable microfiber pad and refillable container. The stick part is stronger than Swiffer, too, helpful since I'm a little hard on them! :)

    I love finding ways to make disposable things non-disposable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before. riverside hydro jetting company

    ReplyDelete