Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Big Announcement - The Single Saver

Remember last week I spend $10 on a surprise?  Well, it was for a domain name registration for a new webpage!  Yes, the $10 was for a domain name called TheSingleSaver.com.



What is TheSingleSaver.com?  It is a website dedicated toward giving singles and small families tips for saving money.  While there is a lot of websites offering money-saving advice out there, I have found most of it is geared towards larger families.  Very little practical advice exists for single people, or smaller households.  So, I decided to change that.  

And, inspired by sites like 50 Plus Finance, Frugal Dad, and Man vs. Debt, The Single Saver was born!  Some of the site's content will apply to singles, some will apply to empty nesters, some will apply to single parents, and some will apply to smaller families.  Some will even apply to large families!  My goal is to make the site's content useful enough that everyone can benefit from it.

There are many exciting (am I biased?) features to 'The Single Saver':
• a Tip of the Day (updated daily, and already programed to go for the next couple weeks - wooho!)
• a Blog
• a Discussion Forum, which I am very excited about being able to offer!  After all, we bloggers love chatting with each other!

Don't worry, Budget Confidential is not going anywhere.   I will still use this blog for my personal financial musings, to share great deal and coupon offers, and to update you on my challenges (like the $50 grocery challenge).  In contrast, The Single Saver will be focused on offering tips and advice on a daily basis.  

I hope you will stop by and check it out. I can't wait to hear your feedback! 

P.S.  I am looking for guest bloggers... email me if you are interested! 

5 comments:

  1. Yeah you!!!!! I am excited to check out The Single Saver. I love this blog, now there will be twice as much fun. I think it's a great idea!!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Tightwad Mom... you are fast! I knew you'd be one of my first comments because you are always so supportive but even I am amazed at how quickly you visited. :) Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool! Even though I have a medium sized family (five of us), I'll definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am gonna check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the new website! I like the tip of the day feature & look forward to learning new fun frugal pointers. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete