Monday, February 14, 2011

Dog Food and Gas

I went to Target and spent $29.80 over the weekend.  $28.32 of that was on a bag of dog food.  $1.48 was on shampoo.  I also used a coupon I had for a free container of yogurt! 

Then it was off to get gas.  I spent $53.70 to fill my tank and get a car wash (which was about $2.50).  Gas is $3.02 a gallon here. 

Almost $85 spent on essentials.  How I yearn for a post where I say, "I spent $85 one some fun impulse item for myself!!!"  But of course I am now brainwashed and even if I had $85 laying around I don't think I could bring myself to spend it frivolously anymore.  Could you? 

Don't forget to check out The Single Saver for today's daily money-saving tip!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you - if I had $85 I'd find something worthwhile to do with it, like make an extra payment or put it in savings. But spend it on myself or something frivolous - not any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,m laughing my head off just now at the title of your post, if we gave our dog the wrong food it used to give him terrible gas, not a pleasant experience for everyone in the house.

    If I had extra money to spend I would more than likely spend it on my Grandchildren, I can deny them nothing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if I was wealthy I would go nuts but, I do the best I can. I could never be Slim or Gates because, I would spend it and only save for retirement.My dog could use some rain booties and a good grooming every week. He is a good dog and scares off robbers and wolves ect..I am jealous your gas is so cheap and of all your good luck but, good for you. My day will come

    ReplyDelete