Thursday, February 3, 2011

Free Samples Really Work

Or... Excedrin Migraine saved me money!

I have to admit it.  I like getting free samples.  I do not sign up for every free sample I come across, but if it is a product I use or think I would like to try I will take it.  So when I had a chance to snag a free bottle of Excedrin Migraine a few weeks back I jumped on it.  

Yes, I suffer from Migraines.  Bad ones.  I have discussed them before on this blog.  When they hit, they are bad.  And painful.  And depressing.  And I have found most medicines don't help.  So I take a specific prescription pill that does work, but it is expensive. 

I spend over $300 a year on my migraine prescription ($320, to be exact).  And that is with rationing on my part.  But it is worth every penny.  Those who get migraines can surely understand that mentality!

I have tried other over the counter migraine meds over the years and have found none of them work.  So I didn't want to waste any more money on yet another over the counter product (Excedrin Migraine).  But a free bottle?  Well, that was something I could afford to try!

Guess what?  I have found that this product DOES work.  At least for me.  I have put it to the test a few times.  This morning I woke up with a particularly nasty migraine and it even worked for that!  Will it work for the most severe of migraines?  Probably not.  But if it can cut my prescription usage down by even half it is well worth the money.

So why do I say "free samples really work"?  Well, because of the sample I tried a product that I otherwise would not have.  And it turns out I like the product.  And I will be buying the product in the future.  I am now a "customer."

Well played, Excedrin.  Well played.  

Have you started buying any new products after being won over by a free sample?  How do you find out about the best free samples?

 

3 comments:

  1. I use Excedrin Migraine too. Often times though if I catch it soon enough, a Diet Coke works just as well; something about the caffeine in it. Excedrin Migraine has caffeine it it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stuff and that free coupon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received a Purex 3-in-1 sheet sample. I cannot think of anything better for towels and blankets. They do leave some residue on light weight fabrics, so I do not recommend for that. With CVS and other deal, they are usually near free also! So, SOLD.

    ReplyDelete