Friday, February 4, 2011

Food Waste Friday

Spending money wisely also means not wasting it... and that includes not wasting food.  So, each week I will document what food is needlessly wasted and report it here.  Feel free to leave me a comment with your own food waste.

I forgot about Food Waste Friday last week.  And that is a real shame because I had no food waste (must be why I forgot about it).  This week was not so good as I found an entire, unopened bag of wheat flour filled with little black buggies.  Grrrr.....  I thought this was going to be another waste-free week, too. 

How did you do?  Leave me a comment and let me know. 

3 comments:

  1. I washed some lettuce, and it was bad the next day :( I had to throw out enough for 3 salads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My whole wheat flour had white bugs and little webs it it when I opened it. I was not happy camper. Storing flour in the freezer keeps the bugs out and if you put a bay leaf in an opened bag it will keep the bugs away. Just a little FYI to help with your flour and other grains.

    ReplyDelete