Thursday, February 17, 2011

Food Waste Friday

Spending money wisely also means not wasting it... and that includes not wasting food. So, each week I will give you an opportunity to document what food is needlessly wasted and report it here. Alternately, you may wish to instead highlight the ways you saved food this week! Feel free to leave me a comment with your own food waste/save story, or link to your blog using the widget, below.

I wasted a handful of baby carrots this week. To be honest, they were probably still edible, but I didn't like their color so out they went.

How did you do? Leave a comment here and, if you document your food waste on a blog, head on over to The Single Saver and join our link up!

Also, click here read my insights on how I have benefited from participating in Food Waste Friday.

4 comments:

  1. I did not waste anything yae!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up throwing out 1/2 a cooked chicken breast, as I had left it for sandwiches for MIL,s lunch and then discovered that it had been left unused, grrrrr not happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is more cost effective to buy a two pound bag of regular carrots and wash and peel them yourself (or just wash and eat) than to buy baby carrots...plus you save the chemicals that you would ingest (baby carrots turn white when they are getting old because the chlorine is leeched out as the carrot looses moisture. and the regular carrots last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good week! We only tossed a small bit of salsa that no one (me included) wanted.

    We give baby carrots to our dogs as treats, especially the last few in the bag no one seems to want. I just wash them well, and break them in half for the dogs and they're gone. So far no bad effects for the dogs.

    ReplyDelete