Friday, December 3, 2010

Food Waste Friday

Spending money wisely also means not wasting it... and that includes not wasting food.  So, each week I will document what food is needlessly wasted and report it here.  Feel free to leave me a comment with your own food waste.

Here goes...
• 1/2 of a sweet potato

I have been eating up Thanksgiving leftovers all week.  I LOVE Thanksgiving leftovers so this has not been a hardship for me.  I have also made two batches of turkey stock (from two turkeys) and made turkey noodle soup, and have also frozen some turkey meat that I will use for sandwich wraps in the coming month.  I also have a couple soup recipes I want to try this winter where I can use some more of the stock I made.  With luck, my grocery expenses for this month will be lower than normal.

How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment