Friday, December 10, 2010

Food Waste Friday

Spending money wisely also means not wasting it... and that includes not wasting food.  So, each week I will document what food is needlessly wasted and report it here.  Feel free to leave me a comment with your own food waste.

Here goes...
• 1/2 cup leftover dressing from Thanksgiving
• 1/4 cup mixed berries

All in all, I don't think I did too bad.  The dressing went to the dogs and the berries went in the compost bin.  

How did you do?
On a lighter note, it appears that my little "food waste mascot" brings me some visitors each week.  I average about 5 hits a week coming from people who do a Google search on Mr. Potato Head!  LOL!  If you are one of those people, my apologies!

Also, the Penniless Parenting blog has an excellent post up on figuring out the true cost of meat that I highly recommend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment