Friday, December 24, 2010

Food Waste Friday

Spending money wisely also means not wasting it... and that includes not wasting food.  So, each week I will document what food is needlessly wasted and report it here.  Feel free to leave me a comment with your own food waste.

Here goes...
• 1 stinkin' lousy tomato!

This angers me to no end!  Why?  Tomatoes NEVER go to waste in my house.  It is the one item that I eat almost daily.  I really like tomatoes!  So how did this one get to go bad?  It was hiding behind something else in my fridge and I didn't know until it was too late.  
 
Most of my food waste I can justify somehow.  Not this one.  

How did you do?  Shoot me a comment and let me know.  In the words from 'A Christmas Story'  (probably my favorite Christmas movie)... "I TRIPLE dog dare you!"  Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I hate it when that happens. One waste that angered me was when I had 3 raw chicken breasts in a tupperware that somehow got covered by something else, and I found them a couple days too late. I had been looking forward to cooking and eating them...

    ReplyDelete