Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday Spending

This morning I went to Old navy for their $5 fleece sale.  I love their fleece V-neck tops and wear them like sweatshirts.  Since they were on sale I bought two and spent $10.60.

Then I went to Walmart and bought a 25 pound bag of cat litter for $3.15.  As you all know, I love Aldi but I have saved about $75 a year from switching from Aldi cat little to Walmart's "Special Kitty" cat litter.  

Both stores were crowded.  I hate shopping this time of year and avoid it whenever possible.  However, something today touched my heart.  There was an older couple in line ahead of me who had their cart loaded with men's socks and tubs of baby wipes.  I started talking to them and it turns out that they have a son who is serving in the military over in Afghanistan.  She said they need socks because there is no running water for washing clothes, and they use the baby wipes for personal hygiene and to clean their rifles.  They had $300 worth of these items in their cart! The lady in line behind me heard this and tried to pay for part of their purchase.  Soon, we were all crying.  I never thought I'd cry in Walmart - except maybe out of frustration because of the crowds!

No comments:

Post a Comment