Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

We are just at the start of what is supposed to be a pretty nasty winter storm.  So I decided to fill up the car today.  Better safe than sorry.  Also, gas was at a decent price of $2.89 (and since when is $2.89 a decent price???) so I wanted to take advantage of that before it shot up as it has a tendency to do during these kinds of winter storms.  So I ended up spending $41.35.

Then I went to the Mall with my Mom to do some Christmas shopping.  I spent $5.79 at Macy's and got a very nice top for someone on my list.  My budget for this person was $15 and the top was originally $30 but between markdowns, coupons, and discounts the price came to $5.79.  Not bad!  I am getting very lucky with Christmas gifts this year.

I also spent $11.64 at Sears on a toolbox and a small screwdriver key chain.  I somehow was given a $2 discount here on top of the sale prices.  I have no clue as to WHY but I sure wasn't going to question it, either!  These items are going towards the $75-$100 budget I have for this person, a big chunk of which I already spent last week at Best Buy

Are you done with your Christmas shopping yet?  I just have a couple gift cards yet to buy and I might pick up a few trinkets for a friend who might be in town but basically, I am now done!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some great prices for those presents! We have stuck to our budget this year (the first time ever), and found everything we were looking for (I think). I had to search for one daughter's gift at several places (thank goodness for the Internet), but found it at a price that was under our budgeted amount, so I'm happy.

    I have 2 more items to buy and then I am DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really budgeted for Christmas before. This year I have and it feels great to be under budget. Good luck finding those last two items, Laura!

    ReplyDelete